Before joining Johnson and Pekny, Jamie’s diverse legal practice consisted of family law and criminal defense. Jamie graduated from the University of Nebraska at Omaha with a B.A. in Spanish. She is a graduate of Northwestern University School of Law. Jamie is a full-time professor at the University of Nebraska College of Law, but continues to work with the firm in an of counsel role, to advise and represent a small number of clients.
Though born and raised in Lincoln, Nebraska, she calls Omaha home. Jamie is passionate about yoga and is a 200hr certified yoga instructor. When she is not working, you can find her teaching community classes throughout the city.
- Nebraska, 2010
- U.S. District Court District of Nebraska, 2010
- Northwestern University School of Law, J.D. – 2009
- University of Nebraska, B.A. in Spanish – 2005
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Diversity Award – NE State Bar Association, 2018 – Recognizes outstanding efforts in promoting diversity in the legal profession
PROFESSIONAL ASSOCIATIONS AND MEMBERSHIPS
- Juvenile Detention Alternative Initiative, Board Member
- Leadership Omaha – Greater Omaha Chamber, Graduate of Class 36
- National Juvenile Defense Center – Certified Juvenile Defense Trainer
- Nebraska State Bar Association Leadership Academy, Graduate of Class 10
- Union for Contemporary Arts, Board Member
- Urban League of Nebraska Young Professionals, Past President, and Vice President
- Omaha Bar Association
- National Criminal Defense Attorneys Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- New Omaha Ordinance Prohibits Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination in Employment
- Employees on FMLA Leave: Are Adverse Actions Okay?
- Recent Developments in Associational Discrimination Case Law
- The Power of PIP’s: Adverse Actions Against Employees on FMLA Leave Are Not Always Prohibited
- Save Time and Money with Document Retention Programs
- Responding to Grievances – How Simple Steps May Prevent Large Disputes